Finance for Boardroom programme
Welcome to the Finance for Boardroom Programme! In today's corporate landscape, financial literacy among board members is crucial for effective decision-making and governance. This program is designed to provide board members and senior executives with a comprehensive understanding of finance principles, tools, and strategies essential for effective oversight and strategic direction. Through a blend of theoretical knowledge, practical applications, and real-world case studies, participants will gain the skills and confidence needed to navigate financial complexities, assess risks, and drive sustainable growth and value creation within their organizations.
- Understanding Financial Statements: Develop proficiency in reading, interpreting, and analyzing financial statements to assess the financial health and performance of the organization.
- Financial Risk Management: Gain insights into identifying, measuring, and mitigating financial risks to protect the organization's assets and enhance shareholder value.
- Capital Budgeting and Investment Decisions: Learn techniques for evaluating investment opportunities, making capital budgeting decisions, and allocating resources effectively.
- Financial Strategy and Planning: Develop strategic financial planning skills to align financial objectives with organizational goals and drive long-term value creation.
- Corporate Governance and Compliance: Understand the role of finance in corporate governance, regulatory compliance, and ethical financial practices to ensure transparency and accountability.
- Enhanced Financial Oversight: Equipping board members with financial literacy enhances their ability to provide effective oversight and governance, ensuring sound financial management and mitigating risks.
- Informed Decision-Making: Improving financial literacy among board members enables more informed decision-making, leading to better resource allocation, investment decisions, and strategic planning.
- Improved Risk Management: Strengthening financial knowledge helps organizations identify and manage financial risks more effectively, protecting assets and preserving shareholder value.
- Strategic Financial Planning: Developing strategic financial planning capabilities enables organizations to align financial objectives with strategic goals, drive growth, and maximize shareholder returns.
- Enhanced Stakeholder Confidence: Demonstrating strong financial acumen and governance practices instills confidence among stakeholders, including investors, regulators, and employees, enhancing organizational reputation and credibility.
This program is designed for board members, senior executives, and professionals involved in governance, finance, and strategic decision-making within organizations. It is suitable for individuals from diverse industries and backgrounds who seek to enhance their financial literacy, governance skills, and ability to contribute effectively to boardroom discussions and decisions.
- Introduction to Finance for Board Members
- Overview of finance fundamentals and their relevance to boardroom decision-making
- Reading and interpreting financial statements
- Case Study: Analyzing financial statements to assess company performance and financial health
- Financial Risk Management
- Understanding financial risks and their impact on organizational performance
- Techniques for identifying, measuring, and mitigating financial risks
- Case Study: Evaluating financial risk exposure and implementing risk management strategies
- Capital Budgeting and Investment Decisions
- Principles of capital budgeting and investment evaluation
- Tools and techniques for evaluating investment opportunities
- Case Study: Making strategic investment decisions to drive long-term value creation
- Financial Strategy and Planning
- Developing strategic financial objectives and goals
- Financial planning techniques to support strategic initiatives
- Case Study: Aligning financial strategy with organizational goals and objectives
- Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Role of finance in corporate governance and regulatory compliance
- Ethical financial practices and principles of corporate governance
- Case Study: Ensuring transparency and accountability in financial reporting and decision-making
- Financial Performance Evaluation
- Key performance indicators (KPIs) for evaluating financial performance
- Performance benchmarking and comparative analysis
- Case Study: Assessing financial performance and identifying areas for improvement
- Financial Communication and Reporting
- Effective communication of financial information to board members and stakeholders
- Role of the board in financial oversight and decision-making
- Case Study: Communicating financial results and forecasts to board members and stakeholders
- Our courses are customizable to suit the specific needs of participants.
- Participants are required to have proficiency in the English language.
- Our training sessions feature comprehensive guidance through presentations, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and collaborative group activities. Our facilitators boast extensive expertise, each with over a decade of experience.
- Upon fulfilling the training requirements, participants will receive a prestigious Global King Project Management certificate.
- Training sessions are conducted at various Global King Project Management Centers, including locations in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kigali, Dubai, Lagos, and others.
- Organizations sending more than two participants from the same entity are eligible for a generous 20% discount.
- The duration of our courses is adaptable, and the curriculum can be adjusted to accommodate any number of days.
- To ensure seamless preparation, payment is expected before the commencement of training, facilitated through the Global King Project Management account.
- For inquiries, reach out to us via email at [email protected] or by phone at +254 114 830 889.
- Additional amenities such as tablets and laptops are available upon request for an extra fee. The course fee for onsite training covers facilitation, training materials, two coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a certificate of successful completion. Participants are responsible for arranging and covering their travel expenses, including airport transfers, visa applications, dinners, health insurance, and any other personal expenses.