Project Management Professional PMP Programme
Welcome to the Project Management Professional (PMP) Programme! This comprehensive course is designed to prepare participants for the globally recognized PMP certification, offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). In today's competitive business environment, PMP certification is highly valued and demonstrates proficiency in project management practices and principles. Whether you're an experienced project manager seeking to formalize your skills or a newcomer to the field looking to establish a solid foundation, this programme will equip you with the knowledge, skills, and strategies needed to excel in project management and succeed in the PMP certification exam.
- Mastery of Project Management Framework: Gain a deep understanding of the project management framework outlined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) guide, including its processes, knowledge areas, and best practices.
- Preparation for PMP Certification: Prepare for the PMP certification exam by covering all areas of the exam syllabus, including project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and closing, as well as professional ethics and interpersonal skills.
- Application of Project Management Tools and Techniques: Develop proficiency in using various project management tools and techniques, such as work breakdown structures, critical path analysis, risk management, and stakeholder management, to effectively manage projects and mitigate risks.
- Enhancing Leadership and Communication Skills: Strengthen leadership and communication skills essential for effective project management, including team building, conflict resolution, negotiation, and stakeholder engagement.
- Real-world Application through Case Studies: Apply theoretical knowledge to real-world scenarios through practical case studies and exercises, allowing participants to develop problem-solving skills and gain hands-on experience in project management.
- Improved Project Performance and Delivery: Equipping project managers with PMP certification enhances project performance and delivery by ensuring adherence to standardized project management practices, leading to greater efficiency, effectiveness, and success rates.
- Enhanced Organizational Reputation and Credibility: Employing PMP-certified professionals enhances an organization's reputation and credibility in the eyes of clients, partners, and stakeholders, demonstrating a commitment to excellence in project management practices.
- Increased Project Success and ROI: Implementing rigorous project management methodologies promoted by PMP certification increases the likelihood of project success and return on investment (ROI) by minimizing risks, controlling costs, and delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Better Risk Management and Decision-making: PMP-certified professionals are equipped with advanced risk management skills and techniques, enabling organizations to identify, assess, and mitigate project risks proactively, leading to better-informed decision-making and problem-solving.
- Alignment with Global Standards and Best Practices: PMP certification aligns project management practices with globally recognized standards and best practices established by the PMI, ensuring consistency, quality, and excellence in project management across the organization.
This programme is designed for project managers, aspiring project managers, and professionals seeking to enhance their project management skills and obtain PMP certification. It is suitable for individuals with varying levels of experience in project management, from novices to seasoned professionals, who are committed to advancing their careers and achieving excellence in project management practices.
- Introduction to Project Management and the PMP Certification
- Overview of project management principles, processes, and methodologies
- Introduction to the PMP certification exam and eligibility requirements
- Case Study: Applying project management fundamentals to a real-world project scenario
- Project Integration Management
- Developing project charters, project management plans, and project documents
- Directing and managing project execution
- Case Study: Integrating project components to achieve project objectives
- Project Scope Management
- Defining project scope, requirements, and deliverables
- Creating work breakdown structures (WBS) and scope statements
- Case Study: Managing project scope changes and scope creep
- Project Schedule Management
- Developing project schedules using network diagrams, critical path analysis, and scheduling tools
- Estimating activity durations and sequencing activities
- Case Study: Creating a project schedule for a complex construction project
- Project Cost Management
- Estimating project costs, budgeting, and cost control
- Applying cost management techniques and tools
- Case Study: Managing project costs and budget overruns
- Project Quality Management
- Planning, assuring, and controlling project quality
- Implementing quality assurance and quality control processes
- Case Study: Ensuring quality in a software development project
- Project Resource Management
- Identifying project resources, acquiring and developing project teams
- Managing team dynamics, conflicts, and performance
- Case Study: Building and managing a high-performing project team
- Project Communications Management
- Planning, managing, and controlling project communications
- Facilitating effective communication among project stakeholders
- Case Study: Communicating project progress and updates to stakeholders
- Project Risk Management
- Identifying, analyzing, and responding to project risks
- Developing risk management plans and strategies
- Case Study: Mitigating project risks and uncertainties
- Project Procurement Management
- Planning, conducting, and administering project procurements
- Selecting vendors, negotiating contracts, and managing supplier relationships
- Case Study: Procuring goods and services for a large-scale infrastructure project
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Identifying project stakeholders, analyzing their interests and expectations
- Engaging stakeholders, managing their expectations, and resolving conflicts
- Case Study: Managing stakeholder engagement in a community development project
- Professional Responsibility and Ethics
- Understanding professional responsibilities and ethical considerations in project management
- Upholding the PMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Case Study: Resolving ethical dilemmas in project management
- PMP Exam Preparation and Review
- Reviewing key concepts, knowledge areas, and exam domains
- Practicing exam-style questions and simulations
- Case Study: Simulating a PMP exam environment to assess readiness
- Our courses are customizable to suit the specific needs of participants.
- Participants are required to have proficiency in the English language.
- Our training sessions feature comprehensive guidance through presentations, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and collaborative group activities. Our facilitators boast extensive expertise, each with over a decade of experience.
- Upon fulfilling the training requirements, participants will receive a prestigious Global King Project Management certificate.
- Training sessions are conducted at various Global King Project Management Centers, including locations in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kigali, Dubai, Lagos, and others.
- Organizations sending more than two participants from the same entity are eligible for a generous 20% discount.
- The duration of our courses is adaptable, and the curriculum can be adjusted to accommodate any number of days.
- To ensure seamless preparation, payment is expected before the commencement of training, facilitated through the Global King Project Management account.
- For inquiries, reach out to us via email at [email protected] or by phone at +254 114 830 889.
- Additional amenities such as tablets and laptops are available upon request for an extra fee. The course fee for onsite training covers facilitation, training materials, two coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a certificate of successful completion. Participants are responsible for arranging and covering their travel expenses, including airport transfers, visa applications, dinners, health insurance, and any other personal expenses.