Project management is one of the most well-researched topics in the modern era where timely and adequate project deliveries define the company’s set to output and goal realisation.
Although, a true project manager may not be able to fulfil the expectation until he/she has not mastered the specific leadership skills required for project leadership. As per recent studies, approximately 50% of projects fail to be delivered as per the defined scope, time and cost.
What is generally missed by the organisations and its project managers? The most commonly missed action is that the true project lifecycle management may not be simply tracking the project deliverables but includes more details around communication, stakeholder management, ethical practices, risk controls, timely negotiations (and not leading into compromises) are inherent for managing projects.
Upon completing this “Project Leadership Course”, participants will be able to:
· Understand various Project Management and corresponding leadership methodologies
· Comprehend Project management framework critical for leadership
· Understand how to align your project deliverables with the organisation’s goals and vision
· Get a competitive edge over your peers for the next leadership role
· Master the people management skills enabling effective communication and collaborating
· How to set-up high performing project teams that are resilient
· Effectively manage project cost, risk and quality
· Identify stakeholders and know how to manage them
· Open up the communication platform for timely updates and control
· Become a project leader who works with the highest level of integrity and facilitate ethical practices
· Team Leads
· Potential Project Managers
· Line Managers
· Middle-level executives
· Those aspiring to be Project Managers
· Start-up founders
· Government executives
· Those looking for better opportunities with added responsibilities
Module 1: Role of a Project Manager with Leadership Skills
· Defining who is a project manager
· Mapping your leadership skills to your project management role
· Understanding leadership and different leadership styles
· Importance of Integrity in leading a project
· Moulding your project leadership avatar as per the company’s culture and vision
Module 2: Understanding the Project Management Framework
· Understanding Project, Program and Portfolio
· Understand who all are the internal and external stakeholders
· Importance of Project management process
· Project vs Product Lifecycle
· What is a Project Scope and how to manage it?
· Overview of project resources and how to manage them
Module 3: Project Cost and Quality Management
· Drivers of project cost and how to control them
· Drivers of project quality and how to control them
· How to avoid and manage conflict of Project Cost vs Project Quality
· EVM – Earned Value Management
· Learn specific tools and methods to track project quality
Module 4: Importance of Interaction and achieving Interactive leadership
· Understand the role and importance of Active listening and embed in your role
· Understand why project leadership demands facilitation in a project management role?
· Designing and asking result and output-oriented questions
· Importance of critical thinking required for interactive leadership
· How to master the change management process?
Module 5: Effective Communication
· What can be termed as project communication?
· Choosing the right audience for your communication
· Choosing the right delivery mechanism
· Importance of informal communication to gain valuable insights
· Understanding different types of communication and its importance
· How to manage crucial conversations with confidence and courage?
Module 6: Stakeholder Management
· Understand the framework to clearly define your project stakeholders
· How to introduce yourself to the key stakeholders?
· Learn the people skills important for managing stakeholders
· Map your influence on each stakeholder group and know-how to improve it?
· Handling conflicts and managing them for project delivery
· Understanding the importance of Negotiation
Module 7: Project Risk Management
· What can be termed and defined as a ‘Project Risk’?
· The managerial concept of ‘Measure->Assess-> Evaluate-> Manage’
· How to plan for project risk management?
· Learn how to perform both quantitative and qualitative risk analysis
· Learn how to control and manage risks in your projects
· Importance of Documentation in risk responses and management
Module 8: Project Management with a Vision
· Understand where your project deliverables fit into your organisation’s different goals/strategy?
· How to avoid negotiations leading into compromises?
· Focus on developing a high performing and resilient project teams
· Practice Trust building in your teams
· Assigning accountability
· How to set an example to motivate?
· Overview of ‘Agile Methodologies’
· Learn to bring in ‘consistency in change’
· Importance of technology in project leadership
· Design a collaborative work environment for project deliveries
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10years of experience
· Upon completion of training, the participant will be issued with a Global King Project Management certificate
· Training will be done at the Global King Project Management Centers (Nairobi Kenya, Mombasa Kenya, Kigali Rwanda, Dubai ,Lagos Nigeria and More others).
· A discount of 20% will be given to more than 4 participants from same organization.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· Payment should be done before commencement of the training, to the Global King Project Management account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiry to: [email protected] or +254 114 830 889
· Website: www.globalkingprojectmanagement.org
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
|Start Date||End Date||Action||Duration||Location||Fee(Kes)||Fee(Us$)|