In present times, everyone needs a basic understanding of ICT and how to make productive use of it, just to be a good public employee, citizen or even a leader. Learning how to be competent users of ICT technologies is important so that one becomes successful in their careers in leadership and also be able to effectively participate in the modern day society.
If one was to count its more than one billion users, Facebook could be considered the third largest nation in the world. Twitter’s more than 200 million monthly active global users can communicate instantly with one another about any subject at any time.
In this era of ICT dominance, citizens, businesses, journalists, and government officials use ICT in a variety of ways: to praise or voice concern about their governments, to spread news, to engender action, and to make government work smarter and better.
New media provides a platform for leaders to help citizens in many directions such appreciating their diversities; solving their problems, sharing experiences and voicing out their salient issues without worries and shame.
This course is designed to enhance ICT knowledge and skills for MPS, Senators, Governors, MCAs, County Coordinators, Ward Coordinator, County Assembly Speakers, Clerks, Assistants to Public Officials, Chiefs, Sub chiefs, all public servants, civil servants and any other individual but is also suitable for other individuals working in the private and public sectors who might be interested in sharpening their ICT skills and techniques for social and economic development.
The program will equip participants with practical hands-on ICT and social media skills and knowledge for governance, economic and social development.
At the end of the course, participants will become familiar with using ICT tools, techniques and skills for personal development, governance, social and economic development and the use of new communication technologies to build digital citizenships
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Module I: IT Refresher for executive leaders
Module II: Online Literacy, privacy and security
Online Information gathering, verification and communication
Navigation in foreign lands, new places and cities (GPS, GIS)
Module III: Presentations and their roles in governance and public participation
ICT enabled Office communication: Emails, e-meeting and conferences, intranet and portals
Module IV: Social Media for Social Change and Governance
Module V: Public participation Tools
Module VI: ICT Tools and strategies for social engagement in public organizations
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10years of experience
· Upon completion of training, the participant will be issued with a Global King Project Management certificate
· Training will be done at the Global King Project Management Centers (Nairobi Kenya, Mombasa Kenya, Kigali Rwanda, Dubai ,Lagos Nigeria and More others).
· A discount of 20% will be given to more than 4 participants from same organization.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· Payment should be done before commencement of the training, to the Global King Project Management account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiry to: [email protected] or +254 114 830 889
· Website: www.globalkingprojectmanagement.org
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
|Start Date||End Date||Action||Duration||Location||Fee(Kes)||Fee(Us$)|